Clubs & Organizations
Please note that some websites are maintained by Booster Club organizations and are not a part of Leander High School or the Leander Independent School District. Neither Leander High School nor Leander Independent School District are responsible for the content of this web site or the content of links external to this web site.
Leander High School has over 100 clubs and organizations for students to get involved with on campus!
Don't see one that fits you? You can start your own club on campus! It requires at least 12 committed students, a faculty member to sponsor, and approval from the APs.
- Our Vision Statement Air Force Junior ROTC will provide a quality citizenship, character, and leadership development program, while fostering enduring partnerships and relationships with high schools, educational institutions, and communities that help meet our citizen development mission.
- Air Force Mission The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win—in air, space and cyberspace.
- Air Force Core Values Integrity first, Service before self, and Excellence in all we do.
- 1st Years (Sports Medicine 1) are double blocked in 4th & 8th Period
- 2nd Years (Sports Medicine 2) are placed in various athletic periods based on need and schedules
- 3rd & 4th Years (Athletic Training 1 & 2) are placed in various athletic periods based on need and schedules
AVID gives students access and opportunities to participate in rigorous courses such as Pre-AP/IB and AP/IB, while helping students with organizational, time management, critical thinking, reading, writing, and speaking skills. Students participate in collaborative tutorials twice a week led by trained tutors to help support in their rigorous courses. The AVID curriculum used in the elective classes is based on rigorous standards utilizing instruction in the research-based WICOR methodology of writing, inquiry, collaboration, organization, and reading. Content teachers throughout each campus also utilize the strategies to transform students in all classes from passive learners into active classroom contributors, problem solving collaborators, and critical thinkers.
Interest in applying? Contact Shandalyn Porter
Leander Band Website
The Blue Belles perform at half-time of football games, basketball games, pep rallies, parades, and community events. They end the 10-month season with their Spring Show, which is a culmination of all their hard work during the year put into one show. This special event sells out every year!
They are extremely proud to be a part of Leander High School and the Leander, Texas Community.
“BE THE BEST, ACCEPT NO LESS, AND LIVE WITH PRIDE! BLUE BELLES # 1”— BLUE BELLE MOTTO
The purpose of the Sapphires JV Dance Team is to develop dance skills and gain experience in drill team. The Sapphires perform in the district-wide fall dance showcase - iDance, LHS Dance Christmas Show, the annual Blue Belles Spring Show and participate in numerous camps and workshops that enhance the individual dancer as well as the team's performance. The Sapphires dance team members have a comparable performance schedule in accordance to the Community and District events and activities.
Over the years, Leander Choir has grown to include two show choirs in addition to three concert choirs. In a day in the choir room you can hear musical excellence being achieved by Lionheart Chamber Concert Choir, Varsity Treble Concert Choir, JV Mixed Concert Choir, Voices of Pride Show Choir, or Leander Legacy Show Choir.
Leander Choir strives to welcome all students and support them on their individual music journey. Students can be challenged to sing solos and work with our extra small, student lead, ensemble Leander Encore or they can just enjoy learning and the family atmosphere of JV Mixed or Voices of Pride. Whatever students are looking for, our officers, directors, voice teachers, and booster club are dedicated to creating the best choral experience and opportunities for every ability and interest level.
Why is FCCLA for you?With FCCLA, youth learn how to make a difference in their families, communities, and future careers. Members learn important life skills such as leadership, planning, goal setting, problem solving, decision-making, and interpersonal communication!
LHS FCCLA FCCLA Texas FCCLA National
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme is a two-year holistic approach to learning designed for highly motivated students. This rigorous program encourages a global perspective meeting international standards of excellence and provides students with unmatched preparation for colleges and universities across the globe. This interdisciplinary program requires a great deal of independent thinking, research, written assessments, and oral presentations.
Objectives of Key Club:
- To develop initiative and leadership.
- To provide experience in living and working together.
- To serve the school and community.
- To cooperate with the school principal.
- To prepare for useful citizenship.
national art honor society
peer assistance & leadership
public speaking club
- Construction Technology / Electrical Technology
- Electronics / Computer Maintenance / Drafting
SkillsUSA Texas SkillsUSA National
SOCIEDAD HONORARIA HISPÁNICA
South Asian Student association
- Computer Science
- Current Issues & Events
- Editorial / Feature / Headline / News Writing
- Informative Speaking, Lincoln-Douglas (LD) Debate, Persuasive Speaking, Cross-Examination (CX) Debate
- Literary Criticism
- Poetry / Prose
- Ready Writing
- Spelling and Vocabulary